Thursday 5 June 2014

So Fudgy Brownies

This is what you call a happy accident. Me and the other half were trying to be good so we didn't have any sugary, chocolaty goods in, but our cravings got the better of us and I started looking through a new blog I had found - 'Butter Baking'. This is where I stumbled upon 'Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownies' - I got into the kitchen faster than the speed of light after I had done a check of the ingredients list (I love that 'I have all of those things in the cupboard' feeling). Oh did these fill that sugary hole. They are perfectly chocolaty, gooey, chewy - they are just perfect. I just halved the recipe and put it into a 6inch loose bottomed tin - (I wish I hadn't halved it when we tasted it) We also smothered some caramel on top and some shortbread crumbs - (it was a big sugar hit we needed)



So, if you want to experience there beautiful brownies - here is the recipe:
This recipe is originally from 'Chewy, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy' By Alice Medrich

300g Chocolate
60g Unsalted Butter
150g Caster Sugar
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
60g Plain Flour
You can add Chocolate Chips if you wish

Preheat oven to 180 and line a 9inch loose bottomed tin with foil - dull side up

Melt the Butter and Chocolate together in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water -stir until melted and smooth and remove from pan.

Stir in the Sugar, Salt and Vanilla

Add eggs one at a time - mixing until smooth after each one

Stir in the Flour and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy and pour into your tin

Bake for 25-30 minutes until skewer comes out with moist crumbs

Enjoy...






No comments:

Post a Comment