Thursday 5 June 2014

Chewy Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

I thought the cookie recipe I usually used was so yummy, but I thought I should try another... I'm glad I did, this is another recipe from 'Butter Baking' I'm starting to LOVE this blog. These cookies are gooey but crunchy on the outer edges and you can feel the brown sugar melting in your mouth. They are delicious! I put in white and milk chocolate chunks but of course add whatever you fancy!
This recipe is originally from Baking Illustrated

To whip up a batch of these cookies:

165g Unsalted Butter - melted and cooled until warm
220g Packed Light Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
256g + 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
280g Chocolate Chips

Combine the Flour, Baking Soda and Salt together and set aside

Beat the butter and sugars until smooth (I used my KitchenAid)

Add the Egg, Egg Yolk and Vanilla and mix until combined


Add the dry ingredients and mix until just mixed together - stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed in the dough


Put your dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 170 and line baking trays with baking paper

Now, to make your cookies look more chunky rather than flat, you need to scrape some dough out with a tablespoon and roll it into a ball - then, tear the ball in half and push the smooth sides together. Be careful not to smooth the rough edges.



 Place your balls onto your baking sheets, spaced apart and bake for around 12 minutes, turning the tray round half way through. The cookies need to be golden on the edges but soft and puffy in the middle - this will give you the chewy, gooey-ness. Try not to over bake them and let them cool on the trays.




No comments:

Post a Comment