Thursday 15 May 2014

Lemon Cake With A Raspberry Filling

Happy Birthday Mum!


Now I have found the perfect lemon sponge recipe, here. I thought we should add a variation to the tasting list for Brit's birthday cake, to kill two birds with one stone it was also my mum's birthday this week and she loved the lemon drizzle cake. So, all I had to do was imagine up a lemony-delight. 
I LOVE raspberry jam, especially in a cake - lemon & raspberry? Yes Please. So, I made 1 batch of the lemon drizzle cake and baked it at 180 in a 6inch tin, which makes a great size to cut into two layers when cool. I then spread a lovely thick layer of Raspberry Jam into the bottom layer of the cake and stacked the second layer in top - I love watching the filling ooze from the center!


I then whipped up a tangy lemon frosting to top the fruity layers. So I whipped around 150g of Unsalted Butter in my stand mixer until it goes a pale creamy colour. Then added the juice of 1 lemon (I do like it quite tangy so just keep adding the juice until you're happy with the flavour), then add icing sugar until you are happy with the consistency and flavour. 

Then you can dollop the frosting on top!




In the end my sister admitted she wasn't really a fan of Lemon Cake... This did not please me, BUT I'm sure one out of the three tiers can be this lovely lemony delight can't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment