Saturday 19 April 2014

Digestive Biscuit Chocolate Bars HELLO

As soon as I found this recipe a few months ago I just thought of my dad, he loves chocolate and biscuits - combined is even better. I needed to make him something this week to say thank you for helping me sell my car - another mid week bake I know (so much for only baking at the weekend!) Anyway these are super simple and would be great to whip up as a gift or to take to a party or afternoon tea with friends. This recipe is taken from Good Housekeeping - I have adapted the method slightly and once again I have substituted the melted chocolate for melted chocolate flavored cake covering just for a softer bite.

Prep - 
Grease and line a 20cm tin


You will need - 
  • 50g Cocoa powder - sifted 
  • 3tbsp Golden syrup
  • 225g Unsalted butter
  • 300g Digestive biscuits
  • 300g Chocolate flavored cake covering - I used white and dark but use whatever you fancy!
1. Melt the Cocoa powder, Golden Syrup & Unsalted butter in a saucepan over a low heat.



2. Crush the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer - add the crushed biscuits to the butter syrup mixture and mix well.



3. Put  the mixture into the tin and push down so it is compact with a potato masher and chill for 30 minutes.

4. Melt the chocolate cake covering in the microwave in 30 second blasts so you do not spoil it and pour over the biscuit base. Chill until set.

5. When set, remove from tin and cut into chunky squares and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment